PALO ALTO, Calif. — Houzz Inc., a platform for home remodeling and design, has announced the opening of 2023 applications for the annual Houzz Scholarship Program. Now in its seventh year, the Houzz Scholarship Program supports the next generation of professionals studying at interior design, construction, architecture, landscape architecture, architectural engineering or skilled trade schools.
In addition to submitting a brief essay on their design and architecture influences, applicants are invited to create a Houzz professional student profile, where they can showcase their portfolio of work and network with more than 3 million active professionals around the world. The deadline for 2023 scholarship entries is March 31, 2023.
“We continue to be inspired by the energy and creativity students bring to the industry as they launch their careers,” said Liza Hausman, vice president of Industry Marketing at Houzz. “Our latest residential design, construction and architecture recipients of Houzz Scholarships provided thoughtful and inspirational viewpoints on their roles in our industry, and we are excited to support each one of them on their journey.”
2022 scholarships were awarded to:
- Women in Architecture: Maggie Musante (studying architecture at the Harvard Graduate School of Design)
- Residential Design: Elena Cortes (studying interior design at VirginiaTech)
- Sustainable Residential Design: Adam Blood (studying architecture at Woodbury University)
- Residential Construction Management: Luana Lira (studying construction management at University of Houston)
- Skilled Trades Residential Construction: Jeanine Hegwood (studying construction management at AshworthCollege and Francis Tuttle Technology Center)
Erica Hawbaker, associate editor for Furniture Today, is a recent graduate of the University of Iowa, with a degree in English and a writing certificate in publishing. In addition to bringing her writing talent to the editorial team, Erica will add her late-Millennial perspective.